Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Dairy Marketing Internship:
The Dairy Marketing Communications Intern will have exposure to the team’s entire portfolio. The Dairy Marketing Communications Intern will participate in external and internal marketing communications projects and support the team’s ongoing efforts to engage customers and employees. Additional duties may include researching, writing and editing content for various digital and print mediums, supporting public relations and event planning efforts, and other duties as needed.
Responsibilities during your internship can include:
50% Writing (researching, interviewing, etc.) & editing.
25% Exposure to business.
25% Other duties as assigned.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify.
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship, co-op or full-time position for the following year.
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
Your Personal Board of Directors:
We want you to excel at Cargill! We strongly believe that combining your interpersonal skills and curiosity with a top team of professionals just for you will be the winning combination to help you thrive. During the internship, you will have three allocated resources assigned to you: university recruiter, supervisor and mentor. In addition to these individuals, you will also expand your network across our global business as you build your own network of resources to help you in your career.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network.
- Cargill Young Professionals Network.
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN).
- Cargill Ebony Council.
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW).
- Hispanic-Latino Council.
- Cargill Pride Network.
- Veterans & Military Support Network.
- Cargill Women’s Network.
- Shippensburg, PA.
- Travel approximately 30% or less.